Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Covers: NEW AND IMPROVED Daniel Merriweather White Stripes cover

OK, so that little acoustic cover that Mark Ronson and Dan Merriweather did of "You Don't Know What Love Is" (originally by the White Stripes) was more than just a spur-of-the-moment whim on Mark's radio show. We posted the audio from it, and we still get more search hits from that post than anything else we've written about. A full-scale studio version of the song is now in the works, and the official demo track was played on Mark's show a couple weeks ago. I have some issues with it, but I'll save final judgements for when the final track surfaces. So far, I'm gonna say that it has a lot of promise. I heard the demo track of the Winehouse cover of "Valerie" on Amy's last B-Sides album, and it was several shades weaker than the borderline-classic final product, which gives me hope that this can grow into a kickass single later this year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah i remember stumbling across your blog a few months back about this and posted a link on my fan page (for daniel) everyone i speak to loves it and yeah its meant to be on his album. My mate just rang me from the plymouth gig and while i was listening Mark (ronson) actually said then it will be on Daniels album...

Thanks for posting it months ago x